Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wonder Drugs

I never cease to be amazed by the power of drugs. This morning, I was screaming (literally screaming) with every time I tried to sit down because the the back pain. I crawled down to the orthopedic surgeon at CHC, Dr. Ruben Arafilis, who told me the pain was coming from a muscle spasm, and put me on Baclofen. Thirty minutes after taking the pill, the pain stopped. The spasm is happening either because of a herniated disk or a compressed disk -- neither of which is good. A compressed disk can be seen with a simple X-ray, so I got one today. If it's normal, then I may have to go to Guam for an MRI to evaluate for a herniated disk.

In the meantime, no soccer for me I've been waiting all year for the co-ed season to start again, and here I am sidelined, as the games get underway.

3 comments:

rlbates said...

Glad you are improving.

Angelo Villagomez said...

Ouch!

You can still come out and watch the games in June. There were usually just as many spectators as there were players, with the accompanying kids and grilled hot dogs.

elle said...

Hope you feel better soon, Dr. K!