- I spent a summer living in a tent on the Sioux Reservation in South Dakota.
- I say a prayer before every surgery I perform.
- I talk to my best friend from high school about once a month.
- I've reached a place in my life where connecting is more important than achieving.
- I don't like balconies. When I was four years old my one-year-old cousin floated between the railings of a balcony and fell four stories, dying at my feet while I played in the courtyard below. When my eldest child turned one, this all came back to me and I would just sit and weep, thinking of my aunt's anguish of having lost her first child.
- I've been to the island nation of Tuvalu.
- I go to Duty Free Galleria about once every three weeks just to walk around and feel urban.
- I had a thick southern accent until I was 15. I can summon it at will.
Monday, July 16, 2007
8 Random Facts About Me
I've been tagged again, this time by Harry and Deece. I'm supposed to list 8 random facts about myself, then tag eight other people by leaving comments on their blogs.