Monday, April 30, 2007

From Uncle Hoo

Here is an email I received this morning from my uncle in California. I had forgotten that when I was Arman's age, I went through a big evaluation for leukemia.

We have been following the up-dates and the reports. Our prayers are with you and your family. I understand your pain and concern as any parents should have.
I have two sons with asthma and peanut allergy, which both are deadly in a matter of minutes. It has been 15 years and not a day goes by that I am not thinking of this and wondering what is going to happen today or tomorrow.
When you where a kid at the same age, you had nose bleeds all the time... your parents went through hell to figure out why. And your dad is a pediatrician.
Take your time, don't rush and consult with others and then make a decision. Because as a parent the decisions we make, shape their future.
Thank you for letting us know and if there is anything we can do to help, please let us know. In meantime you should take it easy and with this prayers you will concur.

Love, Dai

O God, refresh and gladden my spirit, purify my heart, illumine my powers. I lay all my affairs in thy hand. Thou art my Guide and my refuge. I will on longer be sorrowful and grieved, I will be a happy and joyful being. O God, I will no longer be full of anxiety, nor will I let trouble harass me. I will not dwell on the unpleasant things of life.
O God, Thou art more friend to me than myself, I dedicate myself to Thee, O Lord.

No comments: